Core Career Advisors
- Co-Chair- Lori Rawson- firstname.lastname@example.org
USMLE Data UNR Med 2013 - 2019 U.S. Allopathic Seniors (2018) Step Matched Step Matched Unmatched Step 1 Mean 240 Step 1 Mean 233 220 Step 2 Mean 247 Step 2 Mean 245 232
Outcomes of the 2019 Match
Outcomes of the 2019 Match Year # Positions Offered % Filled US Seniors % Filled Total PGY-1
339 91% 98.40%
Does Step 2 score influence rank?
Should Applicants Do Away Rotations?
Plan to do at least one away rotation at a program that you are interested in applying to and have a good chance of matching. Your rotation will serve as a job audition. UNR Med students as rule are very impressive to other programs. Planning this in late August-September in order to get a letter of recommendation is ideal.
Timeline- American Urology Association (AUA) Early Match
Summer- Early January- Register with AUA Match
November- Deadline to Register for NRMP (If Necessary)
Fall-January- Program Interviews
Early January- Preference list due to AUA Match
Mid-January- AUA Match results released
- Research is highly desirable but it doesn’t have to be specifically in Urology
- Be prepared to talk about what you have done.
Letters of Recommendation
- Three (3) letters required, may get a 4th from research, if applicable
- A Chair/Chief’s letter is required
- At least 2 letters should be from within the specialty, preferably from academic faculty
- Programs begin reviewing applicants as soon as ERAS opens
- Programs begin offering Interviews as soon as ERAS opens
- It is the applicant's responsibility to contact each of the programs in which he/she is interested and to follow their application and interview procedures. You should be certain you are aware of each program's requirements, including application deadline, policies regarding pre-urology training and participation in the NRMP match
- Participation in Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) is on an individual program basis. Check the ERAS® website for information and a list of programs participation
- Online Resources
- May Clinic School of Grad Med Education- AZ
- Southern Illinois Univer SOM and Affiliated Hospitals- IL