Core Career Advisors
USMLE Data UNR Med 2013 - 2019 U.S. Allopathic Seniors (2018) Step Matched Step Matched Unmatched Step 1 Mean 247 Step 1 Mean 248 238 Step 2 Mean 254 Step 2 Mean 254 242
PRECENTILE DISTRIBUTION FOR ALL MATCHED SENIORS (2016-2018)
PRECENTILE DISTRIBUTION FOR ALL MATCHED SENIORS (2016-2018) Criteria UNR Med 25th 50th 75th # Matched Seniors 5 3 6 9 % of Class 2.6 0.9 1.5 2 Mean # of programs on rank order list 11.4 12 13.9 15.6 Mean # of programs ranked in specialty 11 11.7 13.4 14.7 Mean # of research experiences 5.5 4.1 5 6 Mean # of volunteer experiences 7.5 5.9 7 9 Mean Step 1 Score 246 243 248 251 Mean Step 2 Score 247 250.5 255.2 257.9
Charting Outcomes of the Match | (3rd Party Document Download)
Outcomes of the 2019 Match
Outcomes of the 2019 Match Year # Programs # Positions Offered # Unfilled Programs # U.S. Senior Applicants # Total Applicants % Filled US Seniors % Filled Total PGY-1 120 328 0 398 462 93.90% 100.00%
Does Step 2 score influence rank?
Should Applicants Do Away Rotations?
Plan to do two ENT rotations. At least one of these rotations should be at programs to get a letter of recommendation.
UNR Med Away Rotation Placements 2013-2019
- Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California
- Loma Linda University
- Mayo - Phoenix
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education - MN
- NIH Research Rotation
- NYU Langone
- Oregon Health & Science University
- St. Luke's - Boise ID
- University of California, Davis-Sacramento
- University of Cincinnati School of Medicine
- University of Kansas SOM - Kansas City
- University of Minnesota Med School
- University of North Carolina Chapel
- University of Washington School Medicine
- University of Wisconsin
- Research experience is desirable.
- Matched applicants have an average of 3.5 research experiences and have published 5.1 abstracts, presentations, and publications.
- Be prepared to talk about your work.
- Experiences that have informed your decision
- Tailor your statement for specific programs
Letters of Recommendation
- Letters are extremely important for ENT.
- Three (3) letters are recommended with 2 from within the specialty.
- A letter from surgery or a research mentor is appropriate.
- Letters from academic faculty will hold more weight than from community faculty
- A Chair/Chief letter is required.
- Programs begin reviewing applicants when ERAS opens
- Programs begin offering Interviews in October
- Some programs begin interviewing October - November
- December and January are the busiest months
- Some programs may interview into February
- Online Resources
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- LSU SOM- New Orleans
- University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
- Motefoiore Medical Center - NY
- Oregon Health and Science University
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education- MN
- Univeristy of Kansas SOM- Kansas City
- Loma Linda University - CA
- University of Minnesota- SOM
- University of New Mexico- SOM